What is this Re-Sales Protector?
We at DSM wants you to sell more. So we developed a tool that will return to stock your sold out out listings on eBay automatically via the Price Monitor. You can turn it on or off any anytime.
How does it work?
Lets take for example a listing you listed with the quantitiy of 3, when it will be sold out on eBay DSM Price Monitor will automatically return the item’s quantity to of 3 (As long as the source site has it in stock still)
Please note that this option only works for GTC formated listings.
What is a Good till Cancelled (GTC) format listings ?
One of the many formats under which you can create your listing on eBay is called the Good Til Cancelled (GTC) listing. Under this format, your listing will be created for a duration of 30 days. It will be a fixed price listing and at the end of the 30 day period, your listing will automatically get renewed and list again. This continues to happen after every 30 day period till such time that the seller cancels the listing.
Benefits of GTC format listings:
- GTC is great for keeping sales history of an item you sell multiples on and I use it for that all the time.
- For those listings that are not GTC, if you have watchers on the listing but it does not sell, you lose those watchers when the item relists. With a GTC listing, the watchers stay connected.
- The GTC format allows an item that reaches 0 quantity to remain active on eBay. Therefore, if an item run out of stock on the source site, you won’t have to end the listing on eBay. And also, when the item will be sold on eBay and the quantity will reach 0, the item won’t end on eBay like in other formats.
How to turn on/off the Re-Sales Protector?
In order to switch the feature on and off, follow the steps:
1. Go to the Account Settings page.
2. Click on the Salex & Orders tab, and turn the “Automatic Re-Sales Protector” option on or off.
3. Click on the Update button below, so that the changes you have made will be applied and saved.
We hope this information was helpful to you!
Please feel free to contact us for any further questions.