Wayfair is an American e-commerce company that sells mainly home goods. The company was founded in 2002 and now sells many home furnishings and décor items. The company has multiple warehouses throughout the United States, as well as targeted sites on several countries.
DSM Tool supports listing and monitoring from wayfair.com , wayfair.co.uk and wayfair.de.
DSM Tool recommendations for working with Wayfair as a source
Business policies templates
- Monitor settings -
It is important to learn the shipping methods every supplier provides in order to plan your workflow and adjust your shipping policy accordingly.
Wayfair offers FREE Shipping over $49 and $4.99 flat-rate shipping for orders under $49. For UK it's flat rate of £4.99 for orders under 49$, and for Germany it's €3.95 for under €30.
To enable the option of add the shipping rate to the price for items under the minimum order price simply open your monitor settings, and choose Wayfair tab:
- Lister settings -
To set a default location for your items, simply type in the location within the dedicated text-box in your DSM Tool Lister settings tab.
We've gathered some of Wayfair distribution centers locations:
Note: If the location was not modified, it will be set by default -US : Phoenix, AZ.
UK : Northampton, United Kingdom
Germany: Siriusstrasse 3, Halle an der Saale
Break even settings:
The break even percentage are available to modify in your DSM Tool Lister settings tab.
It is important to set the right break even settings when working with any supplier, Wayfair included. The right percentage to be set depended on multiple variables:
1. Marketplace fee: If you're selling on eBay, the average final value fee for a sale is 9-10% varies by the seller location.
2. Payment processing fee: should also be taken in consideration, Paypal fees or any other payment processing fees you might be charged for.
For example- if you are accepting Paypal as the main payment processor you should consider both your % based transaction fee which is different between each seller (normally 2.9%-4.4%) and don't forget to take in a count the fixed transaction fee (usually $0.3 for US sellers, £0.2 for UK sellers and €0.35 for Germany, yet it is recommended to check your fees according to where you are selling at and where is your Paypal account registered).
Fixed transaction fees are not available via the DSM Tool settings, therefore it is recommended to add them as an estimation according to the price range of the items you are selling. For example, if most of the items you are selling from Wayfair are around $100 sell price, you should add 0.3% to represent a $0.3 fee.
2. Tax exemption: Are you local citizen in the country you are selling in or an international seller? For Wayfair.com which is located only in the U.S if you are an american citizen you might want to consider taking a tax consultation to check the ability to get the tax exempted which will lower your purchase price
3. Discounts and gift cards: Are you using discounted gift card, cash-back credit card or a cash-back service when purchasing from Wayfair? If so, you might wish to take that into account as well when choosing the right break even percentage.
Since Wayfair.com items are shipped within the United states and they often use standard shipping method, shipping service must be set accordingly.
If your account is in the UK or Germany, make sure to set the shipping policy accordingly using services which deliver from UK or Germany domestically.
Click here to learn more how to edit ebay business policies
As Wayfair states in their return policy - If an item isn’t the perfect match, return it for a refund within 30 days of delivery in the original condition and packaging.
Click here to see the excluded list and learn more about Wayfair return policy.
- Business policies templates -
Every source offers different shipping duration and handling time.
For your convenience, we have an option to set business policies templates by source that will be presented in the item description.
Click here to learn more how to use Business policies templates.
Note: If not modified, the business policies templates default text will be set to use in Wayfair items as well.